Composition, Interior Page and Text Book Design
The ideal interior design should be functional, easy on the eyes, and when done well, almost invisible to the reader. It should complement and aid the reading process, not stand out or distract the reader. This is a very important step when designing a technical book.
The services we offer include:
We offer competitive rates on book interiors, and we charge by the finished page. The range is generally between $5–$10 per finished page depending upon the complexity of the manuscript. There is also a $250 design setup fee. Per-page rates vary based upon the layout style and turnaround time requested. The per page rate includes interior design development, pagination, all corrections, normal changes, and normal expenses. * Note: Project management fees may also apply.
- All text layouts: Chapter number and title, straight running text, few subheads
- More complex text layouts: Multiple levels of subheads, extracts, pull quotes, footnotes, and so forth.
- Illustrated layouts: This type of layout would include many technical diagrams within the text (illustrations, pictures, charts, tables, etc.)
- Color illustrated layouts: Four-color layout (color illustrations and photographs, etc.)
- Very complex spread layouts: Design and/or interior page layout varies from spread-to-spread and is graphic intensive.
Please view more of our samples.
Click on the samples below for a PDF sample of the text.
|FREE SAMPLES OFFERED
We're so sure you'll find our services valuable in your publishing business that we are pleased to offer a FREE, no-obligation copyedit, proofreading and composition/layout as a sample of what we can do for you.
Just send us a maximum of six standard, double-spaced text (approximately 1,500 words) pages and we'll provide a review and/or sample layout of your text for FREE. We'll point out the good, the bad and the ugly, but the best part is that you can try out Borrego Publishing for FREE—there's no obligation so you have nothing to lose.